Middleton in Teesdale is often referred to as the ‘Capital of Upper Teesdale.’ It was originally a small market village but grafted on to it was the industrial company town of the London Lead Company which was established here in 1815. Farming now dominates life in the area and tourism is of growing importance, especially as Middleton in Teesdale is close to the spectacular scenery of High Force waterfall.
The present village hall was built in 1960/61.The village hall and Middleton in Teesdale Primary School recently merged to become Middleton in Teesdale and District Community Association. The size and layout of Middleton in Teesdale Village Hall makes it an ideal choice for private and business functions. The hall is available for hire for: • Meetings/Seminars • Social Events • Fairs and Sales • Rehearsals • Training • Functions • Parties • Stage Productions/Concerts • Sports Classes Regular activities ongoing in the hall include badminton, WI and the Dance Academy.
Rooms: Hall 32’ x 48’, Back Room 25’ x 9’, Committee Room 16’ x 22’, Kitchen 14’ x 16’, Storage Room 12’ x 24’ Heating: Available throughout hall Maximum Capacity: Hall 200, Committee Room 30, Back Room 15. Facilities: There is a stage with lighting making it an ideal venue for stage productions and concerts. There is also a modern kitchen including a cooker and tables and toilet facilities accessible to all. Equipment: The hall has adequate chairs and tables and there is ample crockery and cutlery available. There is also a selection of sports equipment, toys for toddlers, and a slide projector. Parking: No designated car park but roadside parking is available. Access: Tensions adjusted to main and inner doors. Hand rails at side entrance. Induction loop and sound system fitted. Hire Charges: Contact the hall directly Registered Charity Number: 1023746
For bookings Sarah Tubbs or Julian Robinson 01833 640382
On Street Parking